Here’s a calculator for Cambridge B2 First (FCE), created by KSE Academy®.
Instructions to use the B2 Calculator
- Type in your email if you want to receive your results. Your email will not be stored and will not be used for any purpose other than send you the results. 🙂
- Select the parts of the B2 First (FCE) you want to calculate the score for: Reading, Use of English, Writing, Listening and/or Speaking.
- Input the number of correct items for each exercise.
- Check out your percentages at the end of each section (part). If you complete the score fields for every skill, you will obtain a global average mark.
- To find out your score on the Cambridge English Scale, use the last section. Type in your percentage (E.g. 75) and you will automatically see your score (E.g. 173) and your grade (Grade B Pass).
How do you calculate the score for B2 First (FCE)
- Add up the points for each part separately.
- Work out the percentage obtained in each part. Like this: (points/no. of ítems) x 100
- Calculate the average score of the 5 percentages.
- Convert the percentage into a score from the Cambridge English Scale.
If you’re interested in finding out more, you can read this article: How to calculate your score for Cambridge Exams
Minimum score to pass the B2 First (FCE)
The minimum score to pass Cambridge B2 First (FCE) is 160 points (60%).
|45% - 59%||140 - 159||Level B1 (Fail)||B1|
|60% - 74%||160 - 172||Grade C||B2|
|75% - 79%||173 - 179||Grade B||B2|
|80% - 100%||180 - 190||Grade A||C1|
Have you spotted any mistakes? Have you got any questions?
Let me know in a comment! 👇🏻
6 comentarios en “Cambridge B2 First (FCE) Calculator”
Hi Luis! I’m a teacher and I’ve come to your site thanks to a teacher friend. I have a question: isn’t reading part six worth 12 points in total(2 points each question) I am a little confused because your calculator indicates 6 points max
Hi, Lucy! That’s right, it’s 12 points but only because each question is multiplied by 2 for scoring. In this calculator, you enter the number of correct answers and it automatically multiplies it by 2. 🙂
I have just found your website and the calculator for Cambridge B2 First (FCE). In the Use of English, there are only 3 parts. Why is there no part 1?
Hi there! Part 1 in the Reading and Use of English paper is actually part of the Reading, not the Use of English. The points there count towards Reading, that’s why in the Use of English calculator you only see Parts 2, 3 and 4. 🙂
Thank you for sharing this information. I just find it hard to calculate my student’s score she had 5 mistakes in Part 1// 3 mistakes in Part 2 / 2 mistakes in Part 3 // 1 mistake in Part 4 / 1 mistake in Part 5 / 3 mistakes in Part 6 and 3 mistakes in part 7. What is her score ?
She passed the listening exam with only 5 mistakes !
Hi Kristina! You can use the calculator to find out an approximate score. If you have the exam and can see the mistakes, simply choose the parts you’d like to correct, enter the number of CORRECT ITEMS and the calculator will do the job for you. 🙂